Our school does advertisement postcards for our thesis shows, so I needed to create an image for mine..
Here was the initial lineart. I wanted my main character on the postcard, but instead of showing a straightforward action shot from the book, I decided to allude to the color scheme instead and go for sort of an old advertisement illustration feel.
Threw together a few color schemes for my own reference and for the critique we were having at the time. Ended up combining the darker tones of one and three with the vibrancy of the orange in two.
Some rough paintover, since I only had an hour or two to complete this..
And here’s what I ended up using for my final card, albeit a little more cropped than the actual image is.
I regret that I didn’t have more time to bring it to completion. Perhaps I’ll do that on my own time this week.